mardi 1 février 2011

Message for you



I was very much surprised to see that I have "followers" in the USA. My blog is written in Portuguese, my native language, and a touch of French, since my project, Juca Tatu, started in Belgium, where I lived. So this message is for you. I am an Electrical Engineer but I spend a lot of time with the sewing machine. I've learned sewing all alone. I 've always loved bags. The basis of this project is recycling. So I make all the bags, belts, pillow covers with recycling material. It started like that, I got the machine, but I needed cloths to sew, just small pieces here and there, for the bags , so I ' ve started searching in second hand shops, flee markets, old clothes, friends and family started giving me cloths from their trips abroad, old banners (for publicity), pieces of jeans. It is a wide range of material, not always easy to work with, specially the banner (PVC, plastic, paper, etc.). Truth is that I don't have enough material to make two of them the same. So, every object is unique. I love poetry and Brazilian music. These are things that inspire my work. And my life.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire